Register now for the Center’s Conversations Transcontinental conference at the Brigham Young University Museum of Art in Provo, Utah, on March 29–30, 2019. The two-day event coincides with the opening of the Center’s new After Promontory exhibition and publication of a 320-page book of the same title. Visit the conference page for more information and to submit your registration.
- Tribute by Scott Lothes, the Center’s president and executive director, with a gallery of John’s photographs
- Blog post by Justin Franz on the Trains magazine website
- Obituary by Kevin P. Keefe on the Trains magazine website
- Blog post by Kevin P. Keefe on the Classic Trains magazine website
- Blog post by Brian Solomon on his website
- John’s own self-authored obituary on the Cress Funeral Service website
Conversations Transcontinental will be held March 29–30, 2019, at the Brigham Young University Museum of Art in Provo, Utah, in conjunction with the opening of our After Promontory exhibition. Registrations will open on January 2, 2019.
Conversations 2019 will be held September 13–15, 2019, at Lake Forest College in Lake Forest, Illinois, thirty miles north of Chicago. Registrations will open on May 1, 2019.
Check back here for more details, including information about possible additional events in conjunction with other venues hosting our After Promontory exhibition.
The book tells about how partners Lucius Beebe and Charles Clegg introduced railroad photography and the world of railroading to wide popular audiences. The authors bring the best of Beebe and Clegg’s photographic work together in one book for the first time, using high quality duotone printing. A companion exhibition opened on September 21, 2018, at the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento, where it will be on display until March 31, 2019.